SYRACUSE — There’s a date for one more local station to flip on the “All-Christmas” switch. Classic FM (WCNY-FM) will be offering wall-to-wall holiday jazz music on its HD-3 subchannel starting next Wednesday, November 21.
That’s the word from WCNY Public Relations Manager Haley Dubnoff, who tells CNYRadio.com the holiday hits will begin at noon that day.
You’ll need an HD Radio to hear WCNY-HD3 over the air at 91.3-HD3 in Syracuse, 89.5-HD3 in Utica and 90.3-HD3 in Watertown. If you don’t have an HD Radio, you can stream the station online at wcny.org.
2012 All-Christmas Flips to Date
- November 1: Galaxy’s Sunny 102.1 (WZUN) in the Syracuse market. (Normally classic hits.)
- November 6: Galaxy’s Mix 102.5 (WUMX) in the Utica-Rome market. (Normally hot AC.)
- November 13: Clear Channel’s Y94 (WYYY) in the Syracuse market. (Normally AC.)
- Today: Townsquare’s Lite 98.7 (WLZW) in the Utica-Rome market. (Normally AC.)
- November 21: Public Broadcasting Council of CNY’s WCNY-HD3 in the Syracuse market, WUNY-HD3 in the Utica-Rome market and WJNY-HD3 in the Watertown market. (Normally jazz.)
- December 10: Mars Hill Network’s 102.9 WMHR in Syracuse and all other network affiliates. (Normally religious.)