SYRACUSE — If you’re looking for jobs in radio or television, WCNY and sister company Joint Master Control Operating Company (JMCO) have a variety of open positions. The public broadcasting operation is hosting a job fair on April 17, at its brand new facilities on West Fayette Street in Syracuse.
The job fair will be held from 5:30 to 7:00pm. Applicants are encouraged to bring resumes and arrive prepared for a brief screening interview. The Public Broadcasting Council of Central New York operates WCNY-TV and WCNY-FM. Both stations offer digital subchannels. JMCO operates a brand-new $6.6 million master control center that’s powering several PBS affiliates across New York State and New Jersey, with the capability to expand additional affiliates in the future.
For more details about duties and requirements, check out WCNY’s website… but here’s a quick glance of the jobs available:
- Radio Program Director
- Radio Operations Technician (part-time)
- Television Producer/Director (multiple positions)
- Production Support Specialist
- Enterprise America Educator / Manager
Sales and Marketing
- Account executives
- Web Developer / Graphic Designer
- Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
- Information Technology Manager
- JMCO Broadcast/IT Engineer
- JMCO Content Manager
Those unable to make it to the job fair can submit resumes and cover letters, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.