Here are some links to other broadcasting-related websites that we enjoy. If there’s a link that doesn’t work, please let us know.
- @cnyradio is our own Twitter feed. Follow us for the latest headlines and other content.
- @cnyradio/radio-people – Follow this list to automatically follow various local radio personalities’ Twitter feeds.
- @cnyradio/radio-stations – Follow this list to automatically follow various local radio station Twitter feeds.
- @cnyradio/local-shows – Follow this list to automatically follow various local radio shows.
- @cnyradio/tv-people – Follow this list to automatically follow various local TV personality Twitter feeds.
- @cnyradio/tv-stations – Follow this list to automatically follow various local TV station Twitter feeds.
- @cnyradio/other-radio-tv-news-sites – Follow this list to automatically follow other radio and TV industry news sites.
- @cnyradio/CNY-alumni – Follow this list to automatically follow broadcasters who used to work in CNY.
- Facebook – “Like” CNYRadio.com/CNYTVNews.com to get our latest headlines (and other content) in your news feed.
If you or someone you know belongs on one of our Twitter lists, please let us know.
Station Tributes and Industry News
- 62 WHEN Tribute Site – Jay Flannery documents the legendary days of Syracuse’s 62-WHEN. Dozens of photos, old memos, and much more!
- AllAccess.com – National radio industry trade. News, music charts, job postings. Free login required for some content.
- Big Mic Productions – Free show prep, updated every weekday.
- Boston Radio Watch – Watching Boston radio since 1994.
- FMQB – Friday Morning Quarterback. National radio industry trade.
- Fybush.com – Home of the famous “NorthEast Radio Watch” and the “Tower Site of the Week.” (Requires paid subscription to access most content.)
- Inside Music Media – Longtime radio pro Jerry Del Colliano’s daily blog about radio industry news and predictions. (Paid subscription required to access most content.)
- KB2ERJ’s Homepage – Syracuse-area amateur and HAM radio info.
- New Radio Star – A hodgepodge of national radio happenings and links to job listings.
- Olde Disc Jockey’s Almanac – Free show prep updated daily, researched and written by former WIBX/WNYZ General Manager Bob Dearborn.
- Radio Timeline – History, airchecks, and a ton of handy links.
- RadioInsight – National radio news headlines, forums and blogs.
- StationRatings.com – Has the latest Arbitron Persons 12+ ratings for every market in America (unless embargoed).
- tophour.com – An archive of Legal IDs – and a clear explanation of what counts as a Legal ID and what doesn’t.
- TV Spy – “And now the news… about local news.” Operated by MediaBistro.
- Utica AM Radio – Pictures, videos and more detailing the history of AM Radio in Utica.
- WOLF 1490 Tribute Site – Relive the days of Top 40 on WOLF(AM).
- WTLB 1310 Tribute Page – Facebook page loaded with photos from WTLB (and predecessor WGAT, and then-new FM partner WRCK).
Personal Websites of the Personalities
Are/Were you a personality on a radio station in any of the markets we cover? Do you have a personal website? Let us know and we’ll add you to the list!
- Clark, Skip – Skip Clark Entertainment – The PD of MOViN’ 100.3/96.5 and New Country WOLF 105.1 offers DJ services.
- Donovan, Big Jim – Personal blog of the WSYR radio morning news anchor and Y94 midday DJ.
- Green, Maureen – The personal blog of the former WTVH news anchor.
- Jay, Randy – AudioTheater – Formerly of WKGW and WLZW, offering voiceover and production services.
- Kenny the Promo Guy – The longtime KISS-FM personality has his own DJ service called “Promo Productions.”
- Kilpatrick, George – Global Broadcast Inspiration.
- Lawrence, Rich – Formerly of WLZW/Utica, Rich produces various podcasts.
- Naughton, Peter – The editor of CNYRadio.com, former PD (and current part-time personality) of WLZW offers voiceover and event DJ services.
- Ocean, Brian – radiohits.us – Syracuse and Central NY’s first internet radio station, featuring tunes made mostly with vinyl and tape.
- Paolangeli, Rudy – Retired in 1988 as GM and morning host of Ithaca’s WHCU, Rudy owns RP Media, a professional recording studio, and continues to host a nostalgic music program Sunday mornings on WHCU.
- Pollock, Mike – It’s a Mike! – Worked at WSYR (as Mike Pollock) and WYYY (as “Phil”) from 1986-1992, now doing voiceover work.
- Reed, Jerry – Formerly of WIBX, now working in Media Relations for the Oneida Indian Nation. Plenty of demo audio and some classic airchecks. Also offers freelance voiceover and production services.